How Can The Jew Make Peace With God?
God has provided peace between Himself and a Jewish person through the atoning blood of the Messiah. The Messiah is God’s only provision for man’s sin. Through Him a Jewish person can experience peace with God.
1. Who is the Messiah?
- His place of birth – Micah 5:2 “But thou, Bethlehem . . . out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.”
- His time of birth – Daniel 9:25 “Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah, the Prince, shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks . . .”
- His manner of birth – Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
- He is to be both “Man and God” – Isaiah 9:6 “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”
2. How did Messiah make atonement for our sin?
- He was pierced – Psalm 22:16 “. . . they pierced my hands and my feet.” (1.) Why was he pierced? – Isaiah 53:5 “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement for our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” (2.) When was he pierced? – Daniel 9:26 “And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah he cut off, but not for himself.”
- He died for us – isaiah 53:12 “. . . he hath poured out his soul unto death . . .”
- He is alive today. – Psalm 16:10 “For thou wilt not leave my soul in Sheol; neither wilt thou permit thine Holy One to see corruption.”
3. Why did Messiah become an atonement for our sins?
Leviticus 17:11 “. . . for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.”
By using the modern science of probability in reference to 48 prophecies concerning the Messiah, we find the chance that any one man fulfilled all 48 prophecies to be 1 in 10,157 (Peter Stoner, Science Speaks. Chicago, Illinois: Moody Press, 1963).
Can you think of any historical person who has fulfilled these prophecies?
- While Jesus of Nazareth was upon earth many Jewish people called Him Messiah.
- History has documented that Jesus Christ (Yeshua Ha-Mashiach) fulfilled the messianic prophecies of the Jewish Bible.
- It is not enough to know what Messiah has done for us in His atoning death, but we must apply the work of atonement to our lives by accepting the Messiah as our personal Saviour.
- It is through the Messiah (Jesus) that we become a completed Jew (finding peace with God).
HOW CAN WE RECEIVE THE PEACE OF GOD PROVIDED THROUGH MESSIAH?
Psalm 2:12 “Kiss (reverence) the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.”
1. Kiss – reverence the Son as God’s only provision for peace with God.
2. Trust in Him – “to believe” in Messiah as the One to provide our peace.
Another Jewish believer tells us what we must do to have God’s peace. He says,
“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus (Yeshua) and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
1. When we believe in our HEART that Messiah died for our sins and was raised from the dead, God gives us His peace.
2. To receive God’s peace we must confess the Messiah as our Saviour with our MOUTH.
WILL YOU, RIGHT NOW, MAKE PEACE WITH GOD BY RECEIVING THE MESSIAH?
1. Why not, right now, pray this prayer?
God, I confess that I have sinned against you. I believe that the Messiah (Jesus Christ) died for my sins and through His blood sacrifice you will forgive my sins.
I now receive Messiah into my life, and accept the peace you have provided through Him.
I believe that since I have accepted Messiah according to God’s will in the Jewish Bible, I am now a completed Jew.
Thank you for taking away my sin through Messiah’s shed blood and giving me your peace.
2. As evidence of your commitment to Messiah please sign:
I _____________________________have received the ATONEMENT and PEACE of God according to the Jewish Bible by inviting Messiah into my life.
Rev. David M. Levy